|"Captain, These Renegades are dangerous felons of the Antor Federation. Are you sure we should engage?"|
Renegade Crystal is an Elite enemy found in Durian (Antor)'s Elite area. It is an extremely powerful damage dealing enemy,characterized by its weapon that deals all three types of damage and does so in large amounts. The players must be very careful when fighting in the elite zones since Crystals can cause some serious problems when trying to kill them. It's recommended to be cautious and prepared because they have the company of Renegade Medics and Renegade Tankers. Using two or more players to fight this enemy is often much easier and safer than trying it alone especially when the Crystal has a golden/green aura, such crystals can be a challenge for any player in the Astroflux universe.
For level ~60s, it is possible to take down a crystal as long as it does not have an aura that increases speed (Green, Orange, and Gold auras increase speed).
- Death Cloud
- Any long ranged weapon that deals Substantial Damage, preferably not Energy)
- Around 30-40k hp and shield (You might not need this much if you are a skilled fighter!)
- Good Resists for all damage types (All resists Artifacts will be good for this)
Firstly, you must come close to the planet and fire a few long ranged weapons. Make sure you only lure one, safe aura crystal out. You will probably pull a Renegade Tanker out, but you can lose those easily because you are faster than it. If you get a dangerous aura, quickly run to the safe zone, wait until it is safe, then go back out. Once you successfully get a Crystal, keep your distance away enough so that it cannot hit you and lure it away WITHOUT damaging ti. If you damage it while it is close to the planet, it will call in the Renegade Medic which will make the Crystal heal substantially. You will know the crystal is still on you because it will shoot at you if it is in range. Once it is away from the planet, use your long ranged weapon on it WITHOUT getting hit. Turn around, shoot, turn around, run, repeat. This will be tedious. Repeat thus until the crystal is dead.
- If you attack the Renegade Crystal with a missile type weapon, it will use its Energy Nova to destroy it. Shooting missiles, especially Infested Missiles, is a great way to stall the crystal from shooting at you
- Armor is great for tanking shots from the Crystal
This encounter gives 20,000xp to players who defeat it for the first time.